Friday, February 26, 2016

Welcome to Collinsville!




I love to decorate, so when we found out we were having a girl I already had a Pinterest board full of ideas on how to turn her room into the whimsical wonderland I had been dreaming of. I'm sharing where I found my stuff below in case you want inspiration to make your own:


The glider was my first purchase after finding out we were pregnant and I am so glad I splurged on it. It's extremely comfy and spills wipe off of it very easily. I chose not to get the ottoman because I prefer to put my feet in the lambskin rug from my mom.

The gold polka dots are just removable stickers that I was absolutely no help in putting on there. Unless you count sitting in my new chair, stuffing my face with Taquitos and yelling orders at my polka-dot bitch boy aka my husband. 

The wall art consists of picture frames made by my friend with gold, glitter spray paint for my baby shower, and I just printed free prints from the internet saying cute things like "Let's Be Mermaids." I always told myself if I ever had a baby girl I would put some Unicorn taxidermy on her wall so I waited for Black Friday and got a great deal on a little white/gold glitter piece! 

The "Where the Wild Things Are" art and the white/gold pillow are both from Hobby Lobby. The quilt was custom made by my sister-in-law so you're on your own if you like those! 



For a changing table I chose to repurpose a dresser I found on Craigslist. My husband is a carpenter so he redid the sliding drawers, added a bunch of the fancy details on the outside and painted it Pink Mimosa. I love the pop of color it brings to the room! 

The jeweled drawer pulls are from Hobby Lobby (wait for them to go 50% off!) and so is the art on the wall above.

Changing pad cover is wipeable (a must!!!) and changing pad are both from Target.

"Hi Luna!"



More Hobby Lobby art in this photo, including the little animals on the dresser. This is an old dresser that was my grandma's, we only had to paint this one and redo the pulls to match the changing table.

The cute owl lamp is the perfect size, a nice in between for lamp vs. nightlight. It was a must have that kept going out of stock at Target so I watched it every day online while on maternity leave to grab it which it came back. One day I got lucky with 5 left in stock!  Same with her mobile, I keep picking the same stuff everyone else wants I guess!! 

I'm obsessed with the little Crane Droplet humidifier. It's smaller than the regular drop ones and is super cute in her room! Remember, I'm a little vain so I like my useful household objects to be pleasing to the eyes as well. 


4 comments: