Wednesday, June 17, 2015

So, Then Why Did You Even Get Pregnant?

I’m sure if there’s anyone actually reading this, you are probably asking yourself this question.

The answer is pretty simple: my sweet, sweet husband LOVES children. Children love him, it’s pretty disgusting, and he wants to be a dad more than anything. (Seriously, he’s the sweetest, kindest, most loving person and I still can’t figure out why we’re married because usually I can’t stand those people.)

So that’s why telling him was pretty fun. I knew the day Aunt Flo skipped town and my 10 pee pee sticks screamed positive that I couldn’t keep my mouth shut for long. So I filled his new toolbox he asked me not to touch with miscellaneous baby things and stuck a bow on top. I knew he would initially be pissed that I touched the toolbox he “specifically asked me not to touch” but his anger was soon forgotten and the jumping up and down and screaming that ensued was severely entertaining!

Telling my family on Mother’s Day was fun too, we gave my mom a card that said “Grandma” on it so watching her open it was exciting! Once she was sure we did it on purpose the congratulations followed.

So whether I’m ready or not, I’m knocked up now and there’s no stopping it so here we go…

How far along? 6 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: None.
Maternity clothes? None.
Stretch marks? No.
Sleep: Sleeping great!
Best moment this week: Telling my family!  
Have you told family and friends: Yes, but just a select few.
Miss Anything? WINE. wine. wine. *cue sobbing*
Movement: None.
Food cravings: None yet.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Fish, onions, anything smelly.
Have you started to show yet: Nope.
Gender prediction: Chinese calendar says girl.  
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!.
Looking forward to: Our first Dr. visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment