Friday, June 19, 2015

Baby Doctor Visit #1

OVERWHELMING DOESN’T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT.

I seriously feel like a million pieces of information has been slammed into my brain today and I just forgot all of it. The only thing I remember is that I can’t drink anymore, and damn do I need a DRANK.

On the plus side, my OBGYN is so amazing that I just want to kiss her on the lips every time she walks into the room. My husband loves her too, as far I know he doesn’t want to kiss her but he thinks she is really caring, a good listener and she makes us feel like all our concerns are normal ones and puts us at ease. Luckily for me everything was healthy and normal so all my questions after that were purely about vanity. (Knowing if you can spray tan is IMPORTANT.)

I recently switched doctors because my old gyno was a straight up bitch and always made me feel stupid. I don’t CARE if you think my question is stupid and my concerns are silly, you are the doctor so just ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION. She was the same doctor I’ve seen since my Mom sent me to get on birth control at age 18 in case I got date raped at college, and I guess I just never realized that you can go see ANY doctor you WANT to.

I had asked her once about what I should do if I was thinking about conceiving, and she told me to “stop smoking crack.” Which I would have found hilarious if it was followed by real doctor-type advice. BYE FELICIA.  

But seeing the little Shrimp on the ultrasound was SO fun and watching the little heart beat monitor made it all start to feel real.

                                            

So I guess my advice to you is:, find an OBGYN you want to make out with because it makes things so much easier when you are freaking the eff out because of the human inside you.

Also, second piece of advice: warn your support person that during the first ultrasound the giant wand goes in your hot pocket, not on your belly. Poor guy was NOT prepared for that and asked a LOT of questions about how ineffective the paper blankets are.

How far along? 8 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: None.
Maternity clothes? Just a couple hand-me-downs I’m too afraid to try on.
Stretch marks? No.
Sleep: Sleeping great, but having weird ass dreams.
Best moment this week: Seeing Shrimpy on the ultrasound!
Have you told family and friends: Yes, still only a close few.
Miss Anything? Wine. Beer. Vodka. Tequila. Rum. Get my drift?
Movement: Not yet.
Food cravings: Cereal.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Still the stinky stuff.
Have you started to show yet: Nope.
Gender prediction: I really have no clue!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Finding out the gender and telling the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment